Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2011 ALREADY?

Oh my goodness!  It has been much too long since I have written.  I am not sure how time goes by so fast.  2010 has come and gone.   Let's see.. maybe I should do a fast review of 2010.  What has happened?  Here in not any particular order.  It may go backwards since my memory is better for the more recent things. 

- Taylor graduated  from High school.  (Hello?  Didn't I just graduate high school)???
- Taylor now works at Walgreen's in Chubbuck.  Not fair.. that is where I always wanted to work!
-  We bought an SUV for the first time ever!  It is a sexy black Envoy.  Not new but new to us!
-  My sweet Grandma Margaret died.  I am missing her but think it is neat she is reunited with so many!
-  Our basement flooded 2 times this year (one just being the other day and we are currently without       carpet...ICK!).
-  Haden started High School and joined the marching band.  (Hey!... wasn't I just... nevermind)  Highland Band is awesome.  Has brought back so many memories of my days in marching band. He ended up being in the drumline this year because we joined later and there was not room for another trombonist during marching band.
-  Greg got a new job in Idaho Falls.  He hates the travel but it is a good, dependable job.  He works with INSEI.  I wonder how long til we move to Idaho Falls... NOT!
- We got a new bird.  She is a Severe Macaw and was 9 months old at the time.  She is a beautiful green among many other colors so we named her Shamrock.  So now we have Shade and Shamrock. 
 
-  I read Grapes of Wrath.  Seems like not much but I think I am pretty cool for reading a classic. Ha ha  More classics to come!
-  Taylor finally got his driver's license!  Because we have a new vehicle he takes the van to work.  That is nice.
-I got the cutest things from my mom for Christmas.  She is really getting into quilting and I love every minute of it.  She made me this watermelon thing to match my kitchen among other things.  Yes!

- Valeri started playing the Baritone Sax instead of an Alto Sax.  It is almost as big as she is!  The last concert she had I was sure she was going to kill herself.  She had high heels, nice clothes and was carrying this huge sax!  She didn't though.  Better than I would have done.  She must not have gotten my 'graceful' genes.
- Haden was asked to play the Bass Trombone by Mr. Ronk.  Pretty good for a freshman.  We absolutely love Mr. Ronk.  He is one awesome teacher!  
-  We were able to travel to St. George for a band competition.  It was fun and pretty much our only vacation this year.  
- We are working on finally finishing our basement.  Our family room just needs painted and floor put in.  Good thing this was not done before the flood!  Whew!
- Cimmie is doing GREAT!! Here she is doing one of her many big puzzles.


I know there is more.  I will have to add it as I think of them. When you look back like that a year seems like a long time even though it feels like it flew by.  I am going to try better this year to write in my blog!

1 comment:

  1. I loved marching band!...hey, didn't i just graduate too!? hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive